In order to serve your storage needs more efficiently and to help keep the costs of operation down, the following rules need to be observed:
- Minimum rental is one month.
- Customer must be 18 years old or older to rent a storage unit.
- We are a smoke free facility. Please do not smoke anywhere on the facility.
- Correspondence will be in English only.
- Living or sleeping in the storage unit is not allowed.
- Security is everyone’s responsibility. If you see anything that does not look right, please notify us immediately.
- Payments can be made at the office by cash, check, credit/debit card, or money order or over the phone with a credit/debit card. Check payments made after office hours can be dropped in the payment box located by the walk-through gate (no cash, please). Payments can also be made online through the Gateway Self Storage website.
- Written notice is required for account information updates (change of address, telephone, or other information). This may be done in person, filled out through the Gateway Self Storage website, or sent via email or U.S. mail.
- Only one lock may be placed on your unit. There is a fee for removing duplicate locks.
- If you remove the lock from your unit and it is empty, then we will assume that you vacated the unit and make it available to other customers. We do not guarantee that a similar size unit will be available or that the price will remain the same if you wish to continue renting.
- Remember that snacks and other food brought onto the facility can become a gourmet meal for mice and other rodents. Please dispose of your trash and pick up anything that may fall on the ground.
- After unit is vacated, notify the office so we can confirm the move out. If no notification is received, Occupant is liable for any fees incurred until the unit is officially vacated.
- Please note that if you provided a ‘Notice to Vacate’ and if your account is not current then it is assumed that your unit is abandoned and any items left in the unit will be disposed.
- If unit is vacated within 10 days after due date, your account has been in good standing, and you have given us notice to vacate, then you may be credited for the remainder of that month’s rent. Please confirm with office staff that the unit is vacated and emptied.
- The office will be closed on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
On the Lot
- Do not follow anyone into the facility without first entering your security code. Security is breached when your code isn’t properly entered.
- The speed limit on the lot is 5 MPH. Please be careful when entering and exiting the facility.
- All intersections are treated as four way stops.
- Please be aware that the snow plow has the right of way. Watch for us since we may not see you.
- No angle parking. Park parallel to the buildings keeping a distance from the rain gutters. They do protrude from the buildings. This is to help prevent damage while allowing other customers to get by in the aisles.
- Dogs and/or other pets must remain in your vehicle. There is no potty park in the facility.
Rent & Fees
- Rent is due on the first of every month.
- No rent refunds.
- Any discount will be discontinued if payment is not received by the 20th day after rent is due.
- The late fee schedule is as follows:
2nd day after rent is due Gate is automatically locked -- 5th day after rent is due Late Fee $10.00 20th day after rent is due Additional Late Fee $5.00 30th day after rent is due Foreclosure Fee $75.00 5th day after additional months Additional Late Fee $10.00 20th day after additional months Additional Late Fee $5.00 5 days before auction Auction Fee $500.00
- Miscellaneous fees are as follows:
Damage to Building Estimated on occurence Cut Lock Fee $10.00 2nd Lock Removal $10.00 Returned Check Fee $25.00 Electronic / Tire Disposal Fee (small items only) $20.00 Large TV Disposal $40.00 Disposal Fee $40.00
- Occupant is responsible for replacing locks cut during the lien process.
Trash & Recycling
- The trash bin is for small items only. Empty and break down all boxes. When the bin is full, do not stack trash around the bin. All large items must be hauled off. If you violate this rule, then a disposal fee will be added to your account.
- Please recycle cardboard & paper waste at Northern Colorado Disposal at 59th Avenue and O Street.
- Colorado Revised Statute 25-17-303 prohibits the disposal of electronic devices. They must be recycled. You will be charged a disposal fee.
- Colorado Revised Statute 25-17-201 details rules for tire recycling. We’re not a tire recycling center. You will be charged a disposal fee.
- If you packed it in then please pack it out.
Please provide us with your email address if we don’t already have it on file.